Dan’s Online Diary 

# 26.4.03 by Dan
I know, I'm a slacker once again. I did get back on Thursday afternoon, but the prospect of using dial-up from home was such that i just couldn't be bothered blogging until now. It is Saturday morning and i have the house to myself. Michelle has gone out for breakfast with some friends. So....

Since I'm the worlds biggest copy-cat (ask chud), I thought I might follow mhjb's lead and publish this morning's playlist:
Squarepusher - My Red Hot Car
Tears For Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world
Portishead - You find the earth boring (excellent drum entry at about 3:30)
Utah Saints - Power to the Beats
Thievery Corporation - So Com Voce
Aphex Twin - Born Slippy [Pink Floyd Remix]
Beastie Boys & Cypress Hill - So Whatcha Want?
BT - MadSkillz Mic Cheka
Cutting Crew - I just died in your arms tonight
Massive Attack - I Against I [feat. Mos Def] (excellent excellent track)
Madness - Our House in the Middle of our Street.
Sum 41 - Fat Lip
A-ha - Take on Me
...and some other stuff - its all a bit old, but good music doesn't go out of fashion. :)

Had a good few days away. Went to Whitianga - one of the nicer parts of New Zealand. Hot Water Beach is most excellent. There is a thermal spring that exits up through the sand, and at low tide you can dig a hole in the beach and it fills with lovely warm water for you to relax in.
It really was good just to get away and do nothing for a few days - no work, no housework, plenty of time to spend together, plenty of beautiful sights to see.

Went out for dinner on Thursday evening. La Porchetta is an excellent place. Good service, very reasonable prices (much more upmarket than Denny's - ie: nicer decor, service, food, everything - but similar prices.) - I'd recommend it to anyone. Present were Michelle and I, Adele, Christy, Bonnette, and Michael(Muffy). Something that I found quite amusing - Muffy and I were the only guys there, so when the waitress comes back with two Stellas,(one of them was mine), she, as did I, assumed the other one was Muffy's. But Muffy said - "..this isn't mine - I ordered a Coke". So it was then that we discovered that the other beer was ordered by my lovely wife. Michelle has recently aquired a taste for beer, and this is the first time she has ordered one herself(rather than drinking mine) - I'm so proud.

Having procrastinated enough with this blog entry, you'd think I'd have something interesting to say, wouldn't you? But no... just boring trivial stuff.
And I have some graphic design work to do for my sister and a few others. And I have to see if I can download some hardware diagnostic tools from the IBM website so I can sort out some problems with a pair of IBM ThinkPad 700 series laptops that belong to friends of mine, and don't seem to behaving as they should.
So, best be on my merry way - have a good weekend, ya'll.