Dan’s Online Diary 

# 17.4.03 by Dan
The test went well, I had a ready answer for each question. However, confidence is only one thing, giving the correct answers is another!

Was walking back down Queen St to work yesterday after my test, and bumped into a lovely Hare Krisha chap named Kyran(assumed spelling here). He offered me a book in exchange for a donation, but I already had the book he was offering, would you believe. So I asked him a few questions about his faith. I discovered that they seem to have ideas that parallel those in scripture.
They believe that Srila Prabhupada gave an accurate word-for-word translation into english of the Bhagavad-gita from Sanskrit. And that by his life and teaching(Srila Prabhupada, that is) we can have assurance that all that is written in the Bhagavad-gita is accurate, trustworthy and infallible - therefore we are able to live by it. I feel that this parallels the fact that Christ came down to earth as both God and as perfect man, and by His life and teaching as recorded in the Bible, we have perfect revelation by which we can live a life pleasing to God. They are also aware of the fact that mankind is corrupted by the 'desires of the flesh', but they seek to overcome this by gaining a great spiritual awareness(not sure of the details), rather than recognising the fact that we cannot help ourselves, and must rely entirely on Christ for our salvation from our sin.

Theres other stuff in the net - heaps of it. I'm making an effort to talk to the Hare Krishas that I see on the street - and to remember their names and ask them questions too.