Dan’s Online Diary 

# 27.6.03 by Dan
[You Guys...]
You guys rock - take a look at this and you will see that all y'all been busy browsing my blog. Thanks guys!

[The Hulk]
Just been to see The Hulk. I loved it - it was better than I had expected - excellent cinematography, appropriate storyline - decent length, (none of that MIBII 'I'm-just-a-long-trailer' 80 min short feature rubbish). I'd love to tell you more, but I don't wanna spoil it. 'The League of Extraordainary Gentleman' looks like a good flick too. I quite like these 'I-was-once-an-cool-comic-strip-but-look-at-me-now-I'm-an-awesome-movie' thingies, like X-Men and Spiderman and stuff like that.

[The Weather]
I know, I know - can't think of anything else to talk about, so bring up the weather. Well - three words for the current weather : Cold, cold, and cold. It really is that cold.

[Reading:]
'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' - Robert Pirsig.
This book is truly awesome. I'm not a big reader, in that I hardly read much at all, so I've not read much in the way of modern classics, or any classics, for that matter. But I must say this book is quite unlike anything I have read before. Its totally hard to explain - you'll have to read it yourself. You won't be disappointed, I promise. I'd say more, but I don't want to be a spoiler. Here's one of my favourite bits for you read, anyway :
You see things vacationing on a motorcycle in a way that is completely different from any other. In a car you're always in a compartment, and because you're used to it you don't realize that through that car window everything you see is just more TV. You're a passive observer and it is all moving by you boringly in a frame.

On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming. That concrete whizzing by five inches below your foot is the real thing, the same stuff you walk on, it's right there, so blurred you can't focus on it, yet you can put your foot down and touch it anytime, and the whole thing, the whole experience, is never removed from immediate consciousness.
Its just choice. I expect you to all read it this week, and write me a 2000 word essay on anything you like and you won't be graded on it.

Anyway - gotta catch some Zzzzs (not the Coach)