Dan’s Online Diary 

# 8.12.03 by Dan
What is it about stupid kids that makes them think they know better than you?
How can they think that those with more experience them are so blind?
It defies logic.
As a teenager, I bemoaned the loving discipline of my parents, only to discover later that they had always been right and reasonable.
I wasted thousands of dollars on cars (and parts for cars), stereos and other such stuff that rusts and gets eaten by moths, before I realised what was really important.
I'm 26 years old, have been through two serious-type serious relationships, and am nearly four years into a marriage that has already survived an affair.
Admittedly, I am still young myself, and my experience is far from complete, but why do these kids not listen to me??

There is a slight possibility that 'these kids' may read this, and if you do, you'll know who you are.
Stop being dumb-asses.
Stop playing with fire.
Invest your time and effort in things that actually matter. Things that will build you up, not tear you down. Things that will bring you deep-seated joy, not fleeting pleasure followed by regretful pain. Things that help and encourage others, not things that distract others and cause them to stumble.

If you don't know what those things are, then ask me, and I'll be more than happy to tell you.

Finding Forrester
Watched 'Finding Forrester' last night. I really liked the movie, but I don't know why.
I'd like to write. But this blog is as close as I get. I don't know diddley-squat when it comes to literary stuff. I have some poems done written - they're littered sparsely throughout this blog, but yeah.... <looks away pensively>

Student Loans Moan
This is ridiculous.
Next thing you know the student loan scheme will be targeted for discrimination against people whose hair grows faster than average, since they can't pay their loan back as quickly because more of their income is spent on haircuts.
And are they discriminating against older people, since they have less earning years of their life remaining with which to repay their loan?
The world is going freakin insane!

Perfect
This is perfect.