Dan’s Online Diary 

# 14.1.04 by Dan
The sun is bright hot, the sky is bright blue, the clouds are bright white. The only down side is that my bum is not on bright sand, but rather, on a dull office chair. A bright blue office chair, at that.

A List Apart's latest issue came out on the 9th. Jeffrey Zeldman and company run the show - they publish stuff you'd like, if you're a connoisseur of quality webness.

The CSS Zen Garden has been around for quite some time now, and if you're the aforementioned connoisseur of quality webness that we al should aspire to be, then there is a high chance that you have already been there and done that.
I thought I'd mention it simply because I haven't yet.
And also because it is cool.
And I know you're not supposed to begin a sentence with a preposition or a conjunction or whatever 'and' is.
But call it poetic licence.

Its been a while since I've written anything non-trivial and non-critiquish. I like writing. Muffy was telling me today that an uncle of his has recently written a book. Inadvertantly. And he's not making any money from it.
He writes a column for a magazine, and the magazine decided to collect all his columns and publish them as a book. Since the magazine owns the columns - and he has already been paid for those - the magazine also collects the profits of the book.
Its a shame really.
But anyway, it got me to thinking. I think I could write a book. At the least, I think I could write an article or two for a magazine or a paper.
I mean, how many unique experiences do we all have that might be written up as an article and sold to the relevant magazine? Not every experience will be of any interest to others, but then again, there are a wide variety of magazines/publications that - so you really could write about nearly anything.

I always keep my hands at arm's length.