Dan’s Online Diary 

# 19.2.04 by Dan
Points of note:
  1. Tomorrow will be my last day at work. I've spent four years as Lotus Notes administrator - the last three years here in my current position.
  2. I'm going to spend the next semester completing my studies to finally graduate with a Bachelor of Engineering(Electronics and Computer Engineering). It may be worth noting that I began these studies nine years ago. Or maybe you should just forget you read that.
  3. Michelle and I recently celebrated four years of marriage.
  4. In a couple of weeks we will have been homeowners(co-owners with the bank) for twelve months
  5. Michelle got me a kitten(added responsibilty and tested patience) for my...
  6. ...birthday tomorrow. I will reach 27 years of age. I feel I should have accomplished more.
I think I've been a geek for long enough. I feel I have elevated myself to a satifactory level of technical expertise, which I should be able to maintain in a hobby-like fashion without any terrific effort.
I am almost tempted to do something completely different once I finish my course. When I was younger, and as I grew up, I always wanted to be an architect. In architecture, I see the ideal blend of all things that excite me: technology, creativity, class, art, innovation, necessity, self-expression, social/environmental awareness and so on and so forth.
This would require another four or five years of study - a starting-from-scratchness that is particularly daunting for my 27-year-old, home-owning self.

But really, I have no idea where to go next.