Dan’s Online Diary 

# 6.4.04 by Dan
It really bugs me how I can read one newspaper article that criticises police for not seeming to care about stolen vehicle complaints, and then read another article that blames police for conducting high-speed pursuits.

Come on people, either you want them to do their job or you don't.
Personally, I believe that police are perfectly entitled to pursue a vehicle for whatever reason, and if the outcome of that pursuit results in the fleeing vehicle having an accident, then the responsibility of that accident rests squarely on the shoulders of the offender.

In today's society where crime is on the increase, we must not legislate anything that might further hinder the work of the police.

And when it comes to responsibilty - I think everyone needs to step up to their own plate.
The amount of buck-passing these days is ridiculous, petty and does nothing to command the respect and integrity that our society sorely lacks.


A Heretical View of File Sharing.
I'm inclined to agree.
In fact, since I've stopped downloading music on ethical grounds, I haven't purchased a single CD. I'm talking, like, six months.