Dan’s Online Diary 

# 6.7.04 by Dan
Yesterday morning, shortly after 8:00am, I handed in the final report for my Engineering Degree Research Project. This is (was) the most last assessment of my course, so, if the report is as hot as I think it is, then I now theoretically hold a Bachelor of Engineering Degree, and will graduate next May.

For those who are not in the know, I first started this degree out of high school in 1995. An horrendously slack attitude and a severe lack of motivation meant that a number of papers were failed, even in my first year. This only served to retard my motivation, and so I inevitably followed the downward spiral. After six years the a four and a half-year course, I gave up on study completely and took up a full time job (as a Lotus Notes Administrator) for three years. Last year the opportunity to take one paper whilst working full time was afforded, and subsequently a B+ grade was realised for 'Systems and Control'.
Given this proof of apparent change in my attitude to study, I went out on a limb, and enrolled full time at the beginning of this year, in the fortunate position of being able to complete all necessary papers over the course of the first semester.

So, here I am. One degree done and dusted. The end of an era. A shaking off of the old, and a step into the new. A veritable weight lifted full from my shoulders. No dark cloud above my head. No nagging voice echoing in the back of my mind at each turn.
It is finished!