Dan’s Online Diary 

# 28.7.05 by Dan

Since I've returned from Switzerland, I've decided I need to be more disciplined, and I'm starting with physical discipline. I'm back into running at least once every other day, and I'm performing 'x' number of push-ups and sit-ups morning and night. I'm also disciplining my eating habits. Healthy food only, and that in moderation.

An immediate side effect of this has been an improvement in the discipline of other areas of my life. It's almost too easy.

I guess there must be an element of truth in one of Les Mills gym's slogan 'Free the Body and the Mind will follow.'

In other news, yeah, I'm a petrolhead. This from the "The Good Oil" column in the New Zealand Herald:

In the time it takes to read this sentence, a Top Fuel dragster will have gone from zero to 490km/h (300mph) . . . From a different perspective, a flying start over a quarter-mile (400m): You're on a Honda MotoGP bike doing 320km/h (200mph). The dragster blasts off the line the instant you draw level with it. In three seconds it has passed you.