Dan’s Online Diary 

# 21.12.05 by Dan

Well, it has been a while.

I know this sounds ironic, but spending all day at a computer makes blogging tricky. I even have DSL at home now, but that hasn't been the quite the blogging incentive I'd expected it to be.

Work has been very busy, and will continue to be busy right up until I finish for the year on Friday. Enjoyable, but busy.

Toby is growing up fast - nearly 14 months old now.
He's not slow either. His usual evening bed-time routine is nappy-change, bottle, then bed. This evening was no different; I removed his old (disposable) nappy, folded it and placed it on the floor. Then I put a new nappy on him and placed him with his toys while I went to the kitchen to prepare his bottle. While I was at the bench, he crawled into the kitchen and stood up against the rubbish bin, and out of the corner of my eye I saw him trying to open its lid. This is a little tricky, as it is a pedal-operated bin, so it is not designed to be opened by hand.
We don't like him touching/playing with the bin, so I turned to gently remind him of that fact and saw that in fact what he was doing was disposing of the soiled nappy that he'd brought from his bedroom! The clever monkey!

My Alfa is surviving, but is making some pretty serious clatter. I'm relying on it to get to work, so have to keep driving it, but with no time or money to repair it, I hope it lasts.

I'd like to say more, but have run out of time... maybe tomorrow!