Dan’s Online Diary 

# 17.1.06 by Dan

...keeps the doctor away

It's now getting to the point where I hear any of the words 'experts', 'scientists', 'reports', 'studies', and 'statistics' and I'm already prepared to say 'That's bollocks!' before I've even heard what they're talking about.

So apples are now bad for you. It's all that evil sugar. Some experts somewhere (again, I can't be bothered with links - you've got google, you don't need my help) have decided that fruit can no longer be considered a health food due to its highish natural sugar content.

If our apples aren't as great as we're led to believe, then why all the big hoo-ha about Australia not buying them? 'Experts' would say that maybe Australia is right.

And that brings me to the problem with Auckland traffic. I think they should clearly demographfy (that's one of those new verbs that they've reserved for sole use by me) the Auckland drivers who started back at work this past Monday. I'm almost certain that they ('they' being the 'experts') would find that 'idiot' would be a strong common denominator. I mean, what is it that makes all the good drivers start back one week earlier than the idiots?. I mean, there were so many accidents on the motorway today. And near accidents; at least two people tried to change lanes onto the piece of road where I was driving. So tell me what is different about this weeks starters?

Oh, and to top it all off, we're talking ourselves into a recession.

Believe me, it's actually not hard to be such a pessimistic cynic. All I have to do is talk about the news

How have you all been?